Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rustic jute and hemp tassel for new backyard gazebo

Good afternoon on a rainy Burlington Saturday.

For my birthday (29th) my mom bought me a garden gazebo from Canadian Tire. It's 10 x 10 with mosquito netting and privacy curtains. The only problem with it is that it is brown. I dislike brown immensely. However, I'm making the best of it.

Here's a pic of the gazebo:


Now I'm thinking about how I can pretty it up.

This morning I made a rustic tassel of jute, hemp and beads. I purchased everything from the dollar store,  and paid probably .75 for the tassel. It took at the most five minutes to make.

Here it is:


I think it looks pretty cute. I'm going to hang it at the entrance or maybe make more and hang them from all four corners.

Next I am going to add little sparkly outdoor lights and maybe some gauzy curtains and will post a pic when I'm finished.

Take care and have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment