Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Finally, a nice day!

Good morning,

I think that today is going to be a beautiful one. I am planning on getting outside to do some work in the garden. Lots of clean up to do before I can start planting new stuff.

In the fall I purchased a beautifully made, old french provincial desk (Bassett) on Kijiji. I paid $75 for it, but felt it was worth it. My plan was to paint and distress it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Here are a few before pics of the desk:
 Here are some pics of the completed desk. I used |Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Old White and light and dark waxes for the distressing.








Please excuse the quality of the pictures. I haven't quite got the knack of it yet. I took these pics in my laundry/work room - and it hasn't been redecorated yet.

Finally, I found a cute desk chair on Kijiji for $35. It was cute it it's original state (see below);

and painted it to match.


Now I have a very nice, French Country antique-looking desk and chair set. It' something that I've always wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment